The preferred method of receiving email into the CRM is via a website contact form. This type of mail is called Form Mail.. Form mail data such as the contact's first name, last name, street address, city, state, and zip when submitted parsed and easily imported into the CRM into the appropriate fields. Email not submitted from a contact form is referred to as Raw Mail. Raw email data is not easily recognized by the CRM when imported, thus why you frequently get a contact with "No Name".
Note: Even though the email body of Raw email may contain a full name and complete mailing address the CRM only recognizes the inbound email address and the message body. The CRM will NOT pull in the full name or address. Only the sender's email address will be captured.
How do I update the Person's details?
- Open the Inbox and click on the conversation.
- Next click on the I icon to open Conversation Details panel.
- At the top of the Conversation Details panel click on "No Name".
- Click on the Edit icon.
- Add the information provided in the message and click Save.
- Click the Back icon to view the message with the updated contact.